Dan made an awesome nursery for Madi, feel guilty for not sharing it sooner. I am so proud of my husband's talent. Quick explanation of the inspiration: the NICU was divided into sections where four cubicles surrounded a huge fake tree whose tree top was foam that extended onto the ceiling. If the babies would have had better eyesight they could have stared up at a big leafy tree. Each set of cubicles had a different type of tree so you saw different leaf patterns on the ceiling. I'm probably not describing it well but it was pretty neat, an extra touch to tone down the sterile, hospital feel. Like the talented artist he is, Dan took that idea, expanded on it, improved it and made a tree for Madi's room.
these are taken from the doorway:
 |
| branches, shelves, shading and everything |
Makes you want to do something artistic huh? I'm not quite the artist Dan is so I'll stick to coloring books, leave the construction to him.
No comments:
Post a Comment