Tuesday, June 14, 2011

words are coming

Madi has been miss chatty-cathy all day and I can start to hear real words in there. I swear she said yellow when playing with her Leap Frog toy. I can't wait for real words, the first word specifically. What's it going to be??

Then again maybe I can wait a bit as right now she's getting angry I'm not focusing on her and it's only been about 2 minutes. "Mahhhm, play with me!" At least that's what I think she'd say...if she could.

We went out shopping this morning for a nicer-than-what-we-have dress. Madi was her typical self - flirting and chatting with the sales ladies. She makes friends wherever we go! I was looking for something nice for Madi's dedication this weekend. Why do designers make every baby girl's dress into a bell? All the ones I found flared so far out Madi would need a hoop skirt. A little exaggeration, but not much. They're little girls, the self-consciousness about having rolly thighs to hide doesn't come until middle school. I don't need to put her in a tent. I hope to find something tomorrow but I've downloaded instructions on how to sew a pillowcase dress just in case the disappointment continues. If only I'd started earlier I could order a cute one off etsy.com. Darn procrastination.

No comments:

Post a Comment