Thursday, June 16, 2011

table manners

I'll gladly teach your son or daughter about table manners, just let me know. Sometimes getting Madi to pay attention and eat is a challenge. She'll whine because she's hungry but there's so much to look at from the high chair that she gets distracted. This afternoon's snack was a struggle. When I did get her attention she wanted to "help" by holding the spoon. I do let her but that usually ends up with more food on the bib and her body than in her tummy. And then the whining starts, "yo Mom, I'm hungry. " If she would just let me hold the spoon I could hit the target and her tummy would stop rumbling. But hey, it's a learning experience right? One of these days she'll have learned enough to feed herself. Well, I'm not too sure what Madi learned today. If anyone objects, we were working on drinking from a cup. Yeah, that's it.



I call it a win - Madi finished the jar of fruit. We can perfect the table manners later.

No comments:

Post a Comment