Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Stop. Breathe. Feel.

Stop. Listen.
Feel.
Breathe.

What is ONE THING I could do today that has nothing to do with the roles I play and feeds my soul?

Who am I beneath all my roles?
What brings me joy?

It's important to feed my body, mind and soul. If I'm going to ask for my daily bread, I have to take the time to receive it and eat it. God provides but I've gotta slow down long enough to taste & see. I cannot say that my list of things to do is too long to slow down and feed myself. Simply put:  I eat or I die. And when I eat, give thanks for that which I've been given. Not that which I've earned because that would be nothing.

There are URGENT things and then there are IMPORTANT things and no matter how much URGENT there is - I must fit a few truly IMPORTANT things into my day or the urgent things will consume me every day forever and ever until I die. It's inconvenient - especially in a culture that worships productivity and busyness for the busyness' sake and efficiency. Why do we allow ourselves to be so ruled by stupid things that will cause nothing but regret in hindsight?
         
If joy is so far out of reach that I'm not sure what it even means anymore, how can I expect to be healthy? If I can't remember how to feed myself, how am I still healthy?



Be still and know that I am God.
Be still and know that I am.
Be still and know.
Be still.
Be.



No comments:

Post a Comment