Thursday, November 11, 2010

Homecoming Eve

(in the spirit of the holidays)
Tonight is Madilyn's last night in the NICU. We went over tonight to change her diaper, clothes and bed for the last time. It's hard to believe we've spent 11 weeks there. I saw a new family the other day, their little one at 24 weeks. I know the look on their faces was the same Dan and I had. As I listened to the nurse explain what they saw and what to expect, our first few days came flooding back. The emotions were a tad overwhelming. Madilyn's stay has been phenomenal, her progress amazing but there were still those moments of uncertainty. We're extremely blessed to have had our challenges.

The staff at the hospital is indescribable. The best I can do is call them family. Whoever runs their HR department definitely picked the best of the bunch!

I said Madi's homecoming would be bittersweet. Enough of the sappy for now. Look at our big girl:
2790 grams or 6lbs 2oz...over 6lbs!


taken Wednesday night

No comments:

Post a Comment